What is Overall Equipment Effectiveness and how to calculate it?
The Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) measures the manufacturing productivity by indicating the degree to which a manufacturing plant is truly productive. It can be used to monitor the efficiency of the manufacturing processes and help to identify areas for improvement.
This metric allows the identification of losses, benchmarking progress and improving the productivity of the equipment (minimisation of waste, improvement in maintenance, etc.).
1. Factors of Overall Equipment Effectiveness: Availability, Performance and Quality.
- Availability includes anything that could cause the production process to stop, such as Unplanned and Planned Stops;
- Performance takes into account anything that could cause any variations in the process causing delays or inability to run in maximum speed, such as Slow Cycles and Small Stops;
- Quality takes into account any products or parts that don`t reach the quality standards, those that have any defects or require rework.
2. Calculating Overall Equipment Effectiveness:
- 100% Availability means that the process is running within the planned production time without any unplanned or planned stops.
- 100% Performance means that the process is running at its maximum speed, without any interruptions, such as slow cycles or small stops.
- 100% Quality means there are no defected, scrap parts or elements that require rework.
We offer 24/7 engineering support, which means we are 100% available, any time, day or night, to help you improve the performance of your manufacturing process. Our wide range of Variable Speed Drives, Motors and Spares, as well as our service partnership with the major Drive manufacturers Danfoss, Mitsubishi, Nidec, Control Techniques and Schneider allows us to ensure we can respond to any breakdown you have.
If you would like any more information or further assistance, our engineers are only one call away, ready to answer any questions or enquiries you have. Simply contact us, day or night, on 0330 9000 247 for instant engineering support.
Why Quantum Controls?
Quantum Controls are the UK’s leading supplier of Variable Speed Drives & Support Services, and the UK’s largest ABB Motors Authorized Value Provider. During 2018 we formed new Service Partnerships with all major Drive Suppliers in the UK and are the Official Drives Service Partner for Schneider, Danfoss, Vacon, Mitsubishi and Control Techniques Nidec, and have engineers fully trained on Siemens Drives.
We’re also proud to be the winner of the prestigious Corporate Excellence ‘Drives and Motor Supplier of the Year’ award for the last four years in a row.