We have been the UK’s leading supplier of ABB Drives, Motors and Service since 1994 – and we are currently the UK’s largest stockist of ABB Drives.
We can provide Application product specification support with supply, installation, commissioning, after sales service and maintenance. Our engineers cover the UK so you always have local support from us, did we mention that we can provide 24/7/365 technical support?
We cover all ranges of ABB Drives, so if you don’t see what you need on this website, still give us a call, talk to us using the live chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Your 60 Minute Guide to Variable Speed Drives!
ABB is a world leading and recognised brand for Variable Speed Drives, supplying the largest range of VSDs to the UK install base. We have over 25 years experience of supplying and supporting ABB Variable Speed Drives and our team of engineers are experienced and trained on all ranges.
What Our Customers Say
Great service from Billy, Brandon and Liam. They worked quickly and efficiently into the early hours to get our 800KW hire drive up and running. They also removed our damaged drives and took them away for repair. Got our plant producing saving us massive costs due to lost production. The engineers worked safely and calmly during a highly pressured period. Great work done by your guys!
Brad has a great phone manner and is very knowledgeable on drives. Always feel in good hands with him.
I spoke with Amy Finn who dealt with the break down support. She was superb. Understood my requirements and kept me updated throughout the process. The engineer resolved the problem promptly, also spares were made available if the problem was bigger than expected to mitigate any risk of having to wait for parts.
Most helpful advice and technical expertise
ABB VSDs come with a 2 year from manufacturing date warranty and 18 month from commission date warranty. This is a Global Warranty as well!
Not all variable speed drives suppliers are the same. To help you identify the best supplier for your drives, here are the eight critical things you need, you should expect – even demand.
- The supplier should employ a team of fully qualified drive experts. Your supplier should be able to take the details of your specific application and quote the correct drive to match it and underwrite that selection thus removing all risk from you the customer.
- The supplier should be an expert on the products they offer. This means you have the assurance of excellent product knowledge from their staff and that the supplier will have been audited prior to optimising by the manufacturer.
- You should expect the supplier to have a professional website that is mobile friendly and free to access. Product datasheets, manuals and schematic drawings should be on here for you to download at your leisure.
- Availability is critical to 24/7/365 operations; you should expect your drives to be available ex-stock.
- Expert drive supply companies should also provide full installation and commissioning services from fully qualified drive engineers. Beware of box shifting companies that have no engineer expertise. Never let a salesperson commission your variable speed drive!
- Ask you supplier how they provide out of hours support, any company that have one person on call after normal working hours is breaking the working time directive legislation. Insist on details on how out of hours support is actually provided.
- Supplying the Drive should only be the start of the relationship, your supplier should provide 24/7 direct access to trained drive service engineers.
- And finally ensure that your supplier is fully credit checked, do the due diligence on financial stability of the Company and the Directors.
Quantum Controls supply thousands of ABB Drives into the UK market every year, all manufactured at ABB’s Drive Factory in Helsinki Finland, the world’s largest Drive Manufacturing Facility, this is designated by the number one at the start of the serial number. This factory serves all the European Markets including the UK. All drives are fully covered by ABB’s Global Product Warranty in over 110 countries throughout the world.
A serial number and name plate of any ABB Drive can tell you; frame size, manufacturing address, degree of protection and information on the specifications of the drive and much more.
Yes, in quantities throughout our Service Centre network in the UK