VSD & Motor Training Courses
From the UK’s Leading Supplier of Variable Speed Drives, Motors and Support Services.
Download our Training Brochure
All Engineers need regular training
Training typically comprises theoretical presentations and hands-on exercises. Examples of training topics include product features, applications, installation and start-up procedures, programming, PC Tools, maintenance and fault finding.
Our certified courses provide classroom and hands-on training for low voltage variable speed drives. With over 20 years experience of ABB Drives and with Official Service Partner Agreements with Schneider, Vacon, Danfoss, Mitsubishi and Nidec Control Techniques. Quantum can offer certified training courses on all makes and types of Variable Speed Drives, whatever your preference.
Courses can be delivered at different venues, Quantum have premises throughout the UK or we can come to you.
All our course are designed by engineers, deliverd by engineers, for engineers.
Basic Training & Theory
For apprentices, trainees and engineers with little to no knowledge of Variable Speed Drives or Motors
- Introduction to Industrial Electric Motors
- Introduction to all forms of motor control
- Introduction to Variable Speed Drives
- Typical application settings and faults
- Hands on training with demo cases
- Lunch and Refreshments Included
Optional Day Two
- Fault finding in Control Panels
- Using Schematics
Installation & Commissioning of Variable Speed Drives
For engineers with basic knowledge of Variable Speed Drives
- Manufacturer product awareness and features
- Correct installation of Variable Speed Drives
- Fault finding, diode test and what to look for
Optional Day Two
- Software for Variable Speed Drives
- Advanced fault finding
Advanced Bespoke Training Courses
For engineers who regularly work on Variable Speed Drives and would like advanced training on features. We can tailor the course to your needs based on advanced Variable Speed Drive features.
Example of Course Topics:
- Drive Manufacturer Specific
- Fieldbus Settings
- PID Loops
- Preventative Maintenance
Each course consists of the following;
• Classroom and Hands-On Programming Content
• Drive Type and Manufacturer of your choice
• Venue can be at your site or at any Quantum Site
• Delegate Pack provided including all training material
• Free VIP Membership to receive regular tips and advice on VSD’s, Motors, Legislation and Industry Related Topics via email as ongoing training
• Free monthly subscription to our Technical newsletter, Today’s Engineer
• Direct telephone access to a Drives Engineer Mentor, 24/7 for 6 months for each delegate so when you’re on site and need extra support, you are one phone call away from one of our expert engineers
• Refreshments and lunch provided throughout the day
• Certificate of Competence issued when you have successfully passed the end of course exam
• Minimum of 4 delegates per course
What our customers say
I spoke with Amy Finn who dealt with the break down support. She was superb. Understood my requirements and kept me updated throughout the process. The engineer resolved the problem promptly, also spares were made available if the problem was bigger than expected to mitigate any risk of having to wait for parts.
Thank you for your assistance over the bank holiday weekend! The guys on site were very impressed with the response and the engineer who came to site.
Thank you to Eddie McKerr for his help, support and excellent response. Always an excellent service - well done to the team!
Thanks to Amy and Sam for their assistance last week. It's always really appreciated to know Quantum are at the end of a phone when we need you all to get us back up and running.